Hazard Materials – Indoor Release
Upon indication of a toxic spill or exposure;
- Immediately get to an area where not exposed, assist others.
- Call 9-1-1 to inform of the situation and what type of spill.
- GIVE YOUR BUILDING ADDRESS, FLOOR AND SUITE NUMBERS and YOUR PHONE NUMBER.
- Call Security 510-594-3100 (510-715-9534 after normal hours).
- Evacuate the building.
- Use stairwells leading away from the impacted release area for evacuation.
- At the direction of Security, set up evacuation areas upwind of the building.
- Floor Wardens should segregate people who are known to be exposed. This avoids them contaminating others via contact with clothes or skin. Tag or mark these people for medical treatment and decontamination.
- ALWAYS FOLLOW ALL SAFETY PROCEDURES WHEN WORKING WITH TOXIC MATERIALS.