Moving Rules and Regulations
All moves must be scheduled in advance with the Property Management Office to avoid conflicts. Please call (510) 594-3100 to reserve the freight elevator. Proof of insurance for the moving company is required to reserve a freight elevator. Only one tenant may move at a time.
Only the freight elevator may be used for furniture deliveries. Passenger elevators may not be used.
Freight elevator dimensions are as follows:
Door Height: 7' 11 ½” Door Width: 3' 111⁄2" Cab Height: 10' 0"
Cab Width: 6' 2"
Cab Depth: 4' 6"
Diagonal Clearance: 11' 8 ½" Weight Capacity: 4,000 lbs.
Monday through Friday: 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Weekends: Friday 6:00 p.m. to Monday 7:00 a.m.
Weekday daytime deliveries (Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) must be limited to one elevator load. Elevators and Loading Dock space are not reserved for daytime deliveries and there is a fifteen (15) minute limit for parking in the Loading Dock.
- The protection of building corridors, doors, stairwells, elevators, floor coverings, public areas, lobbies and service areas is the responsibility and the expense of the tenant and/or their moving/freight company.
- The mover must provide masonite or plywood along the prescribed route of movement through the building. All floor coverings shall be secured during the entire process.
- Padding, corner and wall protection are required around main door frames and along main corridors and elevators. Special tape should be used to prevent removal of paint from walls and frames. Walk-off plates must be provided to protect door thresholds on all floors.
- It is the responsibility of the mover to maintain a clean environment in all working and storage areas. Any and all debris generated from the move is the responsibility of the tenant or their moving contractor to dispose of immediately. This refers specifically to packing materials. The building’s trash containers may not be used for disposing such materials. Access to the Loading Dock and pathways to elevators should at no time be obstructed.
- Costs associated with any damages and/or repairs as a result of the move will be the responsibility of the tenant.
- All individuals performing work at Watergate Towers are required to wear company uniforms with logos and identification badges at all times.The procedures for gaining access to the freight elevator are:
- Use Service Corridor off the loading dock to enter the building.
- Check in at the Security Desk.
- Use only the freight elevators to enter or exit the tenant space.
- Check out at the Security Desk when leaving the building.
- When arriving after hours, use the telephone at the loading dock to call the Security Rover.
- A valid Certificate of Insurance from the mover must be on file with the Property Management Office prior to work being performed. Please see next page for Insurance Requirements. Any move found to be in violation of the above Rules and Regulations will be suspended until the problem is corrected. Moving trucks cannot block the street or public sidewalk at any time.
If you have any questions, please contact the Property Management Office at (510) 594-3100.